Thursday 15 August 2019

15th August

Back to an empty house and a straggly garden but a certain pleasure in making tasty meals for one and talking to the cat.  The hospital has been intense this week, and the wind and rain batter us as we scamper from ward to ward between buildings.  I lit the wood burner last night and flitted through channels watching The History of Scotland, GPs behind closed doors, and a daft competition programme about interior design. 
I have lots of lavender so have started sewing lavender bags.  I have special needs in sewing, but it calms the mind. 
We have been practising our interpretive dances for the play about Vick's life.  The war, her school days and the hospital. Hopefully, they will cause some amusement, however avant-garde.
Josie


Its a full-time job keeping up with everything health-wise. Hearing aid place on Monday, blood test in the afternoon where I waited for 1.5 hours with magazines dating back to 2015.  Wednesday I had a CT scan where I sat for two hours in the most depressing airless waiting room I have ever been in with a leak on the ceiling.  There was a congenial crowd of fellow patients.  We did not discuss our diseases but chatted about arts and crafts.  There is a visit to outpatients coming up to get the scan results.  It is all go.  
We had the Nibbles and Scribbles today at Waterstones.  We take turns to bring exercises.  Topics today ranged from cows to receipts and being stranded on a desert island.  It always amazes me how different our bits of writing turn out.  
I'm off to Cornwall next week on the train.  Quite an adventure these days.
Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment