Wednesday 20 May 2020

20th May

It has been a strange time for all of us.  For several weeks I felt dead and empty and glum and grumpy but now I am starting to feel more like myself, although my body aches quite a lot as if every cell is sad about Vick's death.  
Things that have helped me are:
1.  Swimming in the soupy sea every day whether I like it or not.
2.  Learning cajun violin on Zoom
3.  Two comical hens in my back garden, Patsy and Pamela.  I watch them endlessly and love attending to their every whim.  They are much better pets than dogs or cats as they produce eggs.
4.  Lots of early nights with my book, allotment hours, games of scrabble, walks, socially distanced chats, and simple pleasures like tasty meals, that we have all enjoyed in this lockdown time.
I have been back at work at the hospital doing my old job two days a week, which I think Vick would approve of, and I do some telephone work for the hospice instead of my acupuncture role.  Also, the process of gaining probate is time-consuming but necessary, so my days have been quite busy.  
I have no update yet about when Vick can have her memorial service.  Her ashes are sitting in a box on my dresser which is quite comforting.  
Life goes on whether we are suffering or not.  The weather is beautiful and so is the month of May. Cow parsley is my favourite flower.
Josie 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely to read your journal Josie, great to see you're taking it as it comes - which is all any of us can do.... Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Josie, I read about your blog in Mslexia magazine a while ago and am only now getting round to reading it. I'm so sorry to hear that your mother died, I read some of your blog posts and they are so beautiful and poignant. Sending very best wishes to you and what a wonderful tribute to her this blog is, Rebecca X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comment; it means a lot. Best wishes
      Josie xx

      Delete