Tuesday 19 November 2019

19th November

What with all the kerfuffle over Prince Andrew and his misdemeanours and my addiction to watching The Crown on Netflix, I feel steeped in the machinations of the Royal Family at the moment, having never been that bothered about them before.  There seems to be a sort of emotional paralysis in that family.  They are smiley and warm when meeting strangers and admired for their staying power and stoicism but underneath, do not seem able to let themselves feel much about anything.  Well, that's how it looks as shown on The Crown.  It is really gripping to watch.
I have a lot of arrangements at the moment.  Luckily I have Josie as my PA who deals with it all, so I do not double book as I am inclined to do.  A lot of them are medical things just to keep me intact.  
I had a lovely time in Sandy, Beds visiting my dear brother P, who cooked two gravy dinners and brought me morning tea despite being 92.  Dear sister J was also there and we all read the funny poems we have written to each other over the years which brother P unearthed when moving to Sandy, Beds from Hertfordshire.
Vicky

Just returned from the choir, Aldi and Matalan's with Vick, and now pleased to be home together with avocado on toast, mince pie and a cup of tea.  The fire is on to cover up the deep damp coldness that seeps into our bones.  Even my bed at night feels lukewarm, not hot enough.  I've been busy this past week with doing acupuncture, extinction rebellion stuff and writing a play with my friend T if I'm not with Vicky. 
I've been feeling a bit stronger and more cheerful.   I'm not sure why.  I got in the sea alone again on Saturday; the rain stopped temporarily and the water was flat and the light was purple.  I felt scared as there was no one in sight, but when I got out, a posh gent went and stood and in the water without a wetsuit on.  I spoke to him afterwards and he said he couldn't swim so could not have saved my life anyway, but I prefer going in the water if someone else is there. 
Josie




No comments:

Post a Comment