Thursday 12 September 2019

12 th September

I got lost in the labyrinthine ways of the Royal Sussex Hospital.  I had an appointment at 4 o'clock last Sunday afternoon for an MRI.  Different from the CT scan I had before apparently.  Josie dropped me off to park the car, then I wandered about looking for the right department in a Kafkaesque kind of way.  Everywhere was deserted.  I was rescued by Josie and taken to the right place in the end.  I was shunted into a white plastic sarcophagus and the radiographer clapped some earphones on me and said: "Want some music?"
I said primly "only classical.  I don't listen to pop."
"Not much of that I'm afraid" she sniffed
But then I lay for 40 minutes listening to a Mozart piano concerto and Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, interspersed with loud screeches and thumps from the machine.
I don't know the results yet.
We are busy rehearsing the play which is being performed in a pub in Brighton on 22nd September.
I fear that no one will come but I am always like that.
I will be glad when it's over and I can start worrying about something else.
Vicky


I have just finished a book called The Last Tudor, about all the three Grey sisters.  Those Tudor women had a rotton time of it, but I can't help envying them not having to worry about climate change.  Elizabeth 1st sounded difficult but charismatic, and charisma goes a long way.  I'm going to read Clock Dance by Anne Tyler next, who is always good although nothing much happens.
I will enjoy being a driver for Vicky. I have always liked driving.  My sabbatical starts next Wednesday and I wonder how it will be.  I am a planner but cannot particularly plan at the moment.  I will have a Japanese boy and a Chilean girl as lodgers living here as well as Tiger in her last year of school, and I will still do acupuncture all day Monday so perhaps I will not be too idle.  I have got a Macmillan booklet called "Looking after a person with cancer."  I want to read it all properly and do everything they tell me.
Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment