Thursday 19 September 2019

19th September

My last day in the hospital yesterday before my six-month career break.  My team gave me a good sendoff. I walked mindfully down the corridors saying hello and goodbye to everyone I know and even felt fond of the depressing lifts. Most of the wards are full of such poorly patients, with tubes in every orifice and barely enough nurses to keep them safe. The NHS staff are generally incredible I think, as an army for good. But that hospital is a hard place and sometimes I cannot stand another moment of the suffering. Our work gives us status though and fills our days and I wonder what will become of me.  My priorities are Vick, Tiger, cleaning, admin, reading, writing.  And as long as Vick feels well, trips to the library, choir, improv, nibbles n scribbles, friends and Qi Gong.  And lots of chatting.
Josie



 I am reading mostly thrillers and detective stories at the moment which I get from the Library:  I rediscovered some written by P.D. James which I hadn`t read before and also I was lucky to find a Donna Leon as yet unread. I love her books, always set in Venice with a wonderfully erudite policeman called Brunetti and descriptions of delicious Italian meals cooked by his wife Paola.

These golden September days are truly amazing - the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness, what a good phrase, I wish I had thought of that one.  We now have a new animal in the family.  Granddaughter M now has a grey horse called Prince.  He is to be seen contentedly munching grass in a field in Plumpton so I waved to him as I was driven to the choir yesterday.
I am feeling quite perky today and did not slink back into bed after breakfast for a bit as I do sometimes.  All the loving thoughts and healing vibes are working so thanks for them.
Vicky




No comments:

Post a Comment