Wednesday 23 October 2019

22 nd October

Went to see the fantastic film "Judy" last week, about the legend Judy Garland.  I wept several times during the film and thought she was well played by Renee Zellweger.  She was a complex, tragic and lovable character, and I have a photo of her on my bathroom wall.  The sad fact I realised was that there is no over the rainbow, there is just a yellow brick road.  Life is suffering as the Buddhists say.
Sometimes everything goes wrong all at once, and I won't go into personal details, but it has definitely been one of those times.  The most cheerful thing around is my cross cat who bites us at every opportunity.  The other good news is that Vicky is looking fine.  I think the Letrozole is working. 
Josie

Son T from Penang came to stay with me for two nights.  We played three games of Scrabble which he won.  He did the Guardian prize cryptic in half an hour which I had been struggling with for days.  He went for a muddy walk up the beacon with Josie and R and came home soaked to the bone.  We had good chats.  We enjoyed it all.  
I am fired up with doing home improvements at the moment. I worry that my home is getting run down like old peoples' homes often do, and the family won't be able to sell it when I depart, so I have been getting in handymen.  I did consider having a completely new kitchen because the fridge/freezer suddenly packed up, but in the end, it seemed easier to buy a new one online.  It is so difficult to plan ahead.  A 94-year old that I meet at the hospice every week has been living with a terminal diagnosis for ten years.
Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment