Tuesday 17 December 2019

17 th December

Just returned from a morning improv session with a log fire and lovely nibbles for lunch. I felt dreadful as I forgot to collect my friend on the way, but he got there in the end anyway.  The secret with Christmas is to take one day at a time I reckon and have very low expectations, but we have been having nice times so far.  The solstice is this weekend, and all these days are Christmas really, not just 25th.  Having a sabbatical has given me a lot more space in my brain, and I can get interested in things right under my nose, which I had taken for granted before. 
I haven't had any inspirational ideas about food or presents this year, but have bought a few people saunas, in a little wooden horsebox on Brighton beach, where there are essential oils and herbs, and little felt hats to wear like you do in Finland. 
My pathetic Christmas tree looks happier and we collected some greenery from the woods.
Josie

I seem to have developed an addiction to mince pies.  I keep buying them from various shops to compare them then eat them.  They are delicious but it is having a bad effect on my waistline.
I went on a splendid day at the Wellbeing Centre at the hospice on Friday.  Panto in the morning (three professional actors, absolutely brilliant).  Then a slap-up Christmas dinner with lashings of bread sauce and gravy.  In the afternoon a choir sang to us and we joined in with the carols. Tea and Christmas cake was beautifully served by volunteers. I was overwhelmed.
Sleep has deserted me at the moment. No doubt due to the steroids. I lie awake in my comfortable bed making mental lists of all the animals that I have kept, or the dodgy cars I have driven.  There was Peggy, Lucy, Brian, Shirley, Daphne, Knocker and so many others.  The time passes quite quickly.
Vicky

1 comment:

  1. I do remember Brian and Shirley but didnt you have a Percy pussycat Vicky? I know I did x

    ReplyDelete