Wednesday 4 December 2019

4th December

The effect of the steroids is quite extraordinary.  Apart from the decrease in various symptoms, they have made me extremely cheerful and I look upon the world with new eyes.  Also, I have my appetite back and am eating like a horse.  I can even face broccoli and avocados again.
I went to a live performance from The National Theatre at the beautiful cinema in Lewes yesterday.  Present Laughter by Noel Coward.  Such clever writing, and an amazing performance by Andrew Scott who was in Fleabag.  I regret to say that I dropped off once or twice but I enjoyed it immensely all the same.
I'm just about to start on the Christmas cards.  In fact, I really do like doing it, as I like to think it is sending a blessing, even ones to the neighbours who I see every day.  We all send them to each other in Dumbrells Court.
Vicky


Vicky is so great to be with as she finds everything wonderful and euphoric.  If only we could all be like that.  It's so infectious.  Her kitchen that she did think needed a makeover, she now finds totally luxurious.  She is happy with her new drug regime.
Since our last post, we have been to Winchester and had long talks about its personality, and the contrasts between Winchester and Brighton.
Last Friday, we ran a free market in Brighton, where we gave clothes and books away for free as a protest against Black Friday.  Everyone was pleased donating and collecting stuff, as we all have so much stuff.  There were some good quality items and a gift-wrapping service and it reminded me that the dreaded Christmas is just all about kindness really.  It was a lovely chaotic event and I had good conversations with people.  The news about climate change is so bleak though, and I hope these protests make a difference.  Even if they don't I have met some good people through XR.  
 I also rushed into the sea on a calm day with Extinction Rebellion where we lay like synchronised swimmers making the hourglass logo.  We held each other's feet and looked up at the bright blue sky above.  The sea was like a milky lake and I felt happy.  Life feels vivid and fragile at the moment.
Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment