Tuesday 21 January 2020

21 st January

Shortly after our last blog poor Vick acquired two nasty infections, but the good news is we avoided a hospital admission.  Luckily due to quick thinking and a helpful GP, we got started on the oral antibiotics straight away, but I'm convinced if we had left it a few hours we would still be stuck in some dismal ward watching the tea trolley being wheeled around and on the IV antibiotics.
Vick has had some times of feeling wuffly in the head as she calls it, but she does not act at all confused.  We have a system of me being here Tuesday to Thursday and sometimes popping in at the weekend, then other family members doing Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.  It is good to be here at night to help with the hot water bottle top.  We all love being here, it is warm and cosy and pleasant and just like a David Attenborough programme sitting on the sofa and watching the crows and the squirrels.  
Last night I sneaked off to the cinema alone to watch 1917, as I had two great uncles die in that awful war, and I felt I should go.  It was grim but I was absorbed, and it took my mind off my troubles for a while.  My poor mother in law is also struggling, and I often feel quite nervous.  On a positive note, we have a delightful American jazz singer who has just moved in and her Southern accent is most calming.
Josie

I feel down in the dumps at the moment.  It is difficult to carry cups of tea and glasses of water with the Zimmer frame (much as I love him/her, and everything takes twice as long to do as usual.  I have people here most of the time to help.  R came yesterday with snowdrops from her garden and outside the view looks sunny and frosty and beautiful.  I had a quieter day yesterday writing letters, emails and listening to radio Four.  I prefer listening to Radio Four to watching TV nowadays.  I'm fed up with programmes about people buying posh houses and cooking weird meals.  I've even gone off breakfast TV which I used to love as they keep saying the same things over and over again, especially Carol, the weather lady.  
I'm hoping to get to Tiger's school play next week if I can cope.  I haven't been out much lately but perhaps it would do me good.
Vicky.

No comments:

Post a Comment