Friday 3 January 2020

3rd January

I can't believe a week has gone by since I last blogged.  It has been busy, with family visitors crammed into my little room.  Three small boys played outside climbing trees and chasing squirrels while sons, daughters in law, granddaughters, partners, grandsons and I had cups of tea, Christmas cake, and mince pies in abundance for several days.  Now they have all gone home - up north, to Washington DC, Teddington and Winchester.  
On Tuesday I had my blast of radiotherapy at the Royal Sussex Hospital.  I was given dire warnings that I would have after-effects: nausea, diarrhoea, pain, and fatigue, but I have had none of these so far.  I am hoping for an improvement in my mobility, but I have grown to love my Zimmer frame.
Vicky


For me, I am jolly glad Christmas is over.  I found the whole thing rather intense.  Vicky has coped much better than me, with all the hoo-hah.  I stayed most nights at her place, being bossy about the drugs, and elevating her legs.  She was far more relaxed and cheerful than me but hopefully, I'll improve.
I'm so glad she has had her radiotherapy, and it was nice for me to see lots of colleagues of mine from the hospital.  I feel we are in good contact with the community services, but her pain control is not completely sorted.  We can expect a flare-up of pain before it hopefully improves, so it is hard to settle on a regular analgesia dose.  
I wonder what 2020 will bring.  I hope the government react appropriately to the climate emergency.  I'm so happy my three dear daughters live nearby to me, and I look forward to my son coming back from Australia in May.  I will try to enjoy small things and take each day as it comes.
Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment