Wednesday 8 January 2020

8th Jan

We are now back in our orderly routine, which involves being with Vick most days except Mondays and Fridays and writing lists of jobs and doing them, and keeping on top of the symptoms and drugs and social arrangements.  My equilibrium is restored, and I hope Vick's disease is stable but if she gets poorly I will step into proper nurse mode.  Although I am expert at arguing with husbands in the past, I have never argued with my dear mother, except about the sensitive matter of the Hospital Bed.  Vick being Libra minds about aesthetics, and I respect that greatly.  However, I was getting most concerned about her legs getting swollen from not being able to lie down at night.  So when the efficient GP persuaded her to have a tasteful hospital bed I could have cried with relief.  Within minutes I had the hospice nurse saying she would deliver it TODAY, and the district nurse coming to assess Vick tomorrow.  What a service.
Josie

We had three nights in the Premier Inn in Winchester.  They have famously comfortable beds and pillows and to my amazement, I actually slept like a log for the first time in weeks.  Poor Tiger shared my room and had to endure the snores.  It was lovely to visit some old friends; I wish I could have seen more.  There were E and B with their five Russian/Cornish children; two of whom were born at the Meeting House.  Also, dear little Latvian N, whose mum was a much-loved resident.  My health has taken a bit of a dip and I rely on my trusty Zimmer frame to get about these days.
I am enjoying a book I was given for Christmas.  A Single Thread by Tracy Chevalier.  It is about the broderers in Winchester Cathedral, who were a group of women who made kneelers and cushions.  It is about their complicated lives which were scarred by their losses in the first world war.  Her books are always a delight.
Vicky


1 comment:

  1. Lovely to hear your news, both you lovely ladies. I like the word 'broderers', not sure I have come across it before, but I knew at once what the broderers did.

    ReplyDelete