Thursday 11 July 2019

11 th July

I have been away in Winchester: seeing old friends, having tasty meals, talking, and talking.  I drove there and back in the rust bucket, my faithful Nissan Micra.  It's a toss-up as to which will last longer; me or the car.  I also went to a splendid 60th wedding anniversary party in the wilds of Dorset, driven there by someone else.  Everybody looked unchanged and remarkably young.  That may have been due to my failing eyesight.
 I came home to find that I couldn't get into my email.  IIt wouldn't accept what I thought was my password.  I battled with it for four days and then Josie solved the problem in an instant 'tho this involved phoning son Toby in Penang; don't ask me why. 
I was invited to the hospice which is quite nearby, and have signed up to go every Friday to the Wellbeing Centre.   I can go to an art group in the morning and a poetry group in the afternoon with a slap-up lunch in between.  I am looking forward to it.
I'm going to make blackcurrant jam now with fruit from Josie's allotment. 
Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment