Thursday 25 July 2019

25th July

Global warming innit.  Heat changes our culture at the hospital despite the heaving ED department and lack of beds.  There is a languid feel and I can't do my normal bustling walk.  Good things about this climate include the washing drying within minutes, and the cat looking floppy.
Got up early today and swam in the sea with my friend.  Now pleased to be in my cool kitchen.  My friend said even the crows have their mouths open.
Our friend has written a play of Vick's life, which he has done beautifully.  We will perform it here in my garden on September 7th at 2 pm.  All invited.  It will include music, poems and interpretive dance.  It is a celebration of an ordinary life, but just as successful to make good jam, as being on the telly, in my opinion.
My family are off to WOMAD festival this weekend, so I will be alone and the house will be very tidy as I am a Virgo.  I have a new Japanese foreign student arriving but I do hope he doesn't suffer from cat anxiety like the last lodger.
Josie


I decided not to risk going to Waterstones in Brighton today for the Nibbles and Scribbles writing group as the doctor on breakfast telly warned that old people were dropping off like flies in the heat and we must stay indoors with windows closed and curtains drawn, drinking gallons of water.
So this morning, my friend Phil came round for a game of Scrabble and I won by getting all my letters out on the last go with a huge score, having been losing up till then. I don`t think that has ever happened to me before.
I had a lovely time at the Hospice last Friday at the Wellbeing Group. I am going again tomorrow. There was an Art discussion in the morning, then a delicious lunch followed by poetry in the afternoon. Everybody there: other inmates, volunteers and staff were so kind and welcoming. I am very lucky that it is only a ten-minute drive from home.
The one and only thing that cheered me up when Boris Johnson made his speech yesterday outside number ten were that he said he would try to improve farm animals welfare. So I am pinning my hopes on that and trying not to think about a No Deal Brexit which will ruin us all.
Vicky



No comments:

Post a Comment