Friday 5 July 2019

5 th July

Last Sunday while watching TV I found a breast lump, so have had a dramatic week planning my funeral as well as Vicks.  I found I was not ready to die.  I am keen to explore Scotland and the Scilly Isles, and possibly even Nepal.  And I'm not keen to leave my people.  I need to be well to look after Vick. 
Thanks to the efficient and wonderful NHS I was seen quickly and had the amazing news yesterday it was just a cyst, and the lump is now gone as it was quickly drained.  My dear friend R and I held hands and wept with relief.  We were on the London Road in Brighton, which is one of the more squalid roads, and it felt like Utopia.  Life feels so intense at the moment, I can hardly stand it.
My allotment is overflowing with fruit and salad.  I have a Turkish lodger who is terrified of the cat.  Most people I know are going to a festival this weekend, and even Vick will not be here.  I aim to lie in the garden and read The Salt Path, a fascinating novel about a homeless couple who go on a very long walk.
Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment