Saturday 13 July 2019

13th July

I have had a quiet week after the breast lump drama.  I am glad the sea is down my road to swim in.  Being in the water has always felt like the solution for me, back to an embryonic or pre neanderthal state.  
I am going to look for glow-worms tomorrow night.  And I am looking forward to our Isle of Wight holiday in August.  I always feel timeless in the Isle of Wight.
Working at the hospital in this heat is like swimming through duckweed.
Josie


This morning we went to the Saturday writing group in Hove Library.  I had never been there before.  It is an impressive Victorian building, complete with cupolas, pillars, pediments and echoing galleries.  It has a lovely lively atmosphere which is reassuring as I worry about Public Libraries.
The writing group, twenty men and women, all eager writers, listened to a talk about editing our work.  I wish I had heard her years ago.  It would have helped.  Too late now, but it was good for Josie who is a writer with an original voice, and who has an unpublished novel under her belt.  
Granddaughter Tiger is coming to stay tonight to initiate me to my new Ipad.  I hope she realises she must be strict with me or it will go the way of smartphones and other things of that nature.  I am still the only person left in Sussex with a Nokia phone.
Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment