Thursday 18 July 2019

18th July

I have now got my new iPad, and it is a wondrous machine. I am still a bit frightened of it, especially when it asks me questions out loud.
Tiger came to stay at the weekend and gave me instruction.  She was very firm, a good teacher.    She also cleared out all my kitchen cupboards and threw out a great pile of Stuff.  Later I secretly retrieved a bent old saucepan, the only one that makes a reliable white sauce without lumps.    But it is a treat now to see all the pristine cupboards and drawers, even the crumby one that held old unusable kitchen gadgets and rubber bands.     
Healthwise, everyone says "you look extremely well" in a rather accusatory and surprised tone, so I feel I have to invent a few interesting symptoms.
Tomorrow I go to the Wellbeing Centre at the local Hospice for my first session.
Vicky

I find hot weather rather worrying, and am so relieved it is cloudy and damp today.  The fruit from the allotment is thankfully coming to an end, which is like when the Brighton festival comes to an end and I am pleased there is not so much to do any more.  I have a sense of fatigue and am sleeping deeply for about 10 hours a night.  
My friend and I went to an unfriendly folk session last night in the pub where we couldn't keep up with the Trad Irish stuff at all.  We did lead on one Scottish song and I played my violin loudly and badly.  We are going to research all the folk clubs in Brighton in the hope of finding one our standard.  
Josie

2 comments:

  1. Glad I've caught up with your blog. Nice to hear both your voices alongside each other. Thanks for sharing your Josie and Vicky flavoured views of the world, duckweed, rubber bands and all. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your lovely words with me. H xx

    ReplyDelete