Tuesday 14 April 2020

14th April

This is the poem I will be reading at Vicky's cremation at 1.30pm on Friday.  It was written by David Scott, who is a good friend of Vicky's.

I love this, as it expresses Vick's sparkle.

For the past three days, I have felt awfully sad and my mouth has been a downwards smile.  My sister died 15 years ago yesterday, and I miss her as well as Vicky.  Due to lockdown, we have to face our difficulties in life more, without merry distractions of activities and friends, but perhaps that is good in the long run.
I am feeling brighter today and just enjoyed a hard-boiled egg for lunch.  I am so grateful for the many cards and letters. 
My friend recited me this incredible poem today, which sums up my feelings, but as Vicky would say,
I need to just go through it.
 Josie


2 comments:

  1. Lovely, as always, Josie, and heartfelt. What I learnt with grief is that each phase passes and returns, and that we can't have highs without the lows. That's life.
    Much love, Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thinking of you all today. xxx

    ReplyDelete