Saturday 14 March 2020

14th March

Vicky and I have been interviewed by Tamzin, a writer and journalist who is writing her MA dissertation on my sister Julia's work in relation to place, and she has been researching her notebooks.  It has been like being visited by Julia, who has been dead for nearly 15 years but we miss her all the time.  Her notebooks are full of nuggets of tasty words, phrases, long distant memories and sketches.  I am reminded of how she electrified the ordinary.  
Vicky, my brother and I have also been remembering the small details of our childhood home and our families eccentricities.  It has been heaven just to sit around and talk.  The one good thing about this Virus is that perhaps we can all be idler, and life can be more simple.  There is so much to talk about.  
Josie


In the future, I have decided I would like all the inspiring cards I have received to be stuck all over my cardboard coffin.
It was interesting to meet Tamzin and look at Julia's notebooks which I had never seen before.  I had forgotten she had a horse But I remembered she lost interest in it so I had to take charge of it when heavily pregnant with Josie. 
We are not worried about the virus here, and life goes on as normal.  
Vicky


No comments:

Post a Comment