Tuesday 17 March 2020

17 th March

My original plan was to drive to the hospice early this morning after my usual pool swim and write this blog with Vicky.  Sadly, last night my son developed a temperature, cough and flu-like symptoms, and this morning, my husband Danny has an unusual sounding cough.  So we are all in isolation for 14 days.  At first, the hospice said they would never stop me visiting my mum, but I understand now I can't, in case I affect staff or vulnerable patients.  I am just praying that Vicky is still alive in two weeks time.  I couldn't sleep last night with all the worrying, but at least I have a big family and good mates around, so she hopefully won't be lonely.
Other Good Things to Be Grateful For:
1.  Overall I have had a gentle and uplifting 5 weeks visiting Vicky nearly every day and talking and laughing and knitting.
2.  There are five of us in this house including our American lodger, and we have made a strict meal plan so we do not run out of food.
3.  I will probably start obsessively cleaning which I always do in times of anxiety.
4.  I can write and read a lot, and may even lie in bed when not bustling about, as I love my bed.
I am reading three books; Lady In Waiting, about aristocrat Anne Glenconner, Olive Again, by genius Elizabeth Strout, and Walking Eachother Home (Conversations on loving and dying) by Ram Dass and Mirabai Bush.

If we come up with a creative way to get through this I'll let you know.
If the lovely folk who read this are able to visit Vicky any time, please do, and touch elbows with her for me.
Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment