Monday 23 March 2020

23rd March

We speak to Vicky daily on Facetime.  She had a temperature on Saturday but she has recovered.  She has a strong constitution.  Vicky remains valiant and chatty even though she can't see or hear us that well.
I woke up with a headache and a slight fever yesterday and spent the day in bed.  Today I'm up and dressed but have no energy so am parked on the sofa with my laptop, and book.  My husband and son are mostly recovered too.   It is strange that it is all a bit like being on holiday, with one's family, eating, reading.  Is it a hardship or is it a pleasure?  I don't like being inside all the time, but I find the spring sunshine a bit cold and cruel.  
I feel very aware of how much I love everybody; friends and family.  

One of the best limericks with my friend in Hove, sending a line each, goes like this:

On the day when the eggs cost ten pounds
I set off on my horse with the hounds
I chased after a chicken
It was called Dirk Tippin
And it made the most un-chicken like sounds.  

Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment