Monday 30 March 2020

30th March

Vicky seems a bit further away, although after thinking she was completely unconscious for many hours, she did suddenly say a few words today.  My daughter posted a hairbrush through the open window this morning, and Vicky murmured Marvelous as I brushed her hair.  She is not drinking now so I keep her mouth and lips moist with sponges and vaseline. 
I have never really understood the popular term mindfulness before now.  Watching a wood pigeon outside is a big event. Or eating a pear.  Having the internet, books, knitting, radio and TV channels sometimes makes me feel there is so much to do I don't know what to do first.  Then I remember I don't have to do anything.  One of those corny joke posters you get in workplaces came into my mind.  "Sometimes I sit and think.  Or sometimes I just sit."
I do have to move around a bit though or I get headachy.  My yoga mat is always out and I'm practising headstands. I tried some star jumps to get out of breath but only did about three.
Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment