Friday 14 February 2020

14 th February

Vick was a bit perkier today, much to her annoyance.  She just wants to slip away and feels embarrassed if people think she was just about to die and then hasn't gone and done it.  She even ate a bit of fruit and yoghurt.  Our friend T read her the brilliant poem by Carol Ann Duffy called Valentine, which is about giving your loved one an onion.  
Some of us sat for a while in the nearby bird hide today, as she gets so sick of us all sitting about.  I love the way you just have to be patient in bird hides.  Like fishing I suppose.  Something I am not at all good at.  We saw blue tits, great tits and coal tits.  
I have no idea how long this strange time will go on for.  Vicky remains comfortable, but can't be bothered with seeing us all that much.  I understand; I am sure I would be the same.  I know I have to let her go, although it is hard.
Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment