Wednesday 19 February 2020

19th February

Vicky was pleased to have psalms read to her last night from one of the priests from Ely Cathedral whom she knew from a book group.  She had a longing for a ripe Conference pear today so I drove around Ditchling trying to source one until a kind neighbour gave me one. The strange thing is that my sister had the same craving when she was dying.  It was not quite ripe enough but then the hospice kitchen found some tinned pears.  Poor Vicky had had some pain and vomiting today but the hospice nurses were quick to give her injections.  It is generally lovely there at the hospice, and at times like that, I am glad we are not at home as we could never get injections quickly there. 
I have taken up knitting.  It seems wholly appropriate despite my poor technique and lack of fancy stitches.  I also taught Tiger to knit today, so we sat like a couple of old crones by the bedside.  We have some green wool, and I am aiming to create a draught excluder sausage dog, but it is more about the process than the finished product.  
Normal life remains on hold for me.  It is not business as usual.  
Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment