Friday 21 February 2020

21 st February

Robbie and I sat at Vick's bedside for a long time today.  She was chatty at times and even ate a spoonful of freshly cooked scrambled egg, not the microwaved kind thank God.  I think her condition has definitely reached a more plateau-like state, and we may be visiting the hospice daily for many more days or even weeks.  
Vicky says she thinks everything is all right.  She has a sense of kind people and pets waiting for her to arrive on a beach, with open arms.  She wishes she could get on the boat to reach them soon.
I am getting on with my knitting.  I'm knitting green and blue squares for a blanket for a baby boy I am fond of.  He is the fifth child like me and he has four older sisters.  
We are having an Indian takeaway tonight for Robbie's birthday, which is a treat.  I can't go to the fundraiser I started to organise a few months ago, as I'm not doing Normal Things, but lots of lovely people have taken it on and I hope it goes well.  The art of letting go is a good thing to practice, even though it feels uncomfortable.
Josie

5 comments:

  1. I love your blog. I feel like I'm there. Love to you all x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The image and feeling Vicky has about the people and pets waiting for her on a beach is so wonderful. It sounds a welcoming and safe place to go and I hope her boat will carry her there soon, as she wishes.
    I love the fact that you're knitting Josie, and have taught Tiger. To be creative during your vigil sounds quite soothing and productive. As others have said, I love your blog. Both you and Vick write so beautifully and the things you write about always interest me. I feel I know you better from reading the blog and I like that. Also, I can take delight in things like Vicky eating some real scrambled egg and enjoying the freshness of it. Sending you love and hugs. Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely message; I hope you are feeling good Fiona xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you Vicky and Josie. I'm feeling really good thanks.xx

      Delete