Monday 17 February 2020

17th February

I have been enjoying writing this blog daily, as it is part of my simple routine when I get back from the hospice, but after today I think I may only report changes if that is OK.
Vicky had some of her old leg and back pain return today which is a shame, so the medications were increased.  She manages to eat the odd piece of melon or mango, thanks to the steroids reducing some of the inflammation in her abdomen.  She craved some sparkling water so we picked some up in the M and S at Gatwick when we collected my son.  It is incredible to see him. I loved seeing some of the international reunions with families as we waited at the Arrivals gate.  A toddler who had not seen his dad for five months remembered him and smiled the best smile.
Vicky's room is like a florist shop and she is overwhelmed with the lovely cards people have sent.  She has been busy getting grandchildren to buy gifts online for other family and friends whose birthdays are coming up.  She is not transferring out of bed now at all, due to her general weakness and fatigue.  
A hospice volunteer gave me some reflexology today which was relaxing.  We will do fundraising for this hospice in the future.  Marathons, midnight walks, bungee jumps?  We must owe hundreds of pounds already just for teabags.  
Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment