Monday 3 February 2020

3 rd February

 The equipment crisis has resolved itself.  The spurned bathing machine sits sadly in the hall waiting to be collected but I love the other stuff; a little four-wheeled chariot with a seat, and the useful trolley.  I still appreciate what my brother calls The Great Mechanical Bed.  Otherwise, I am plunged in gloom over Brexit.  Saturday's Guardian said it all - a wonderful article by Ian McEwan reduced me to tears, and the farewell letters from EU countries were so moving.  
My old Nissan Micra, otherwise known as the Rust Bucket, which now belongs to granddaughter M, broke down in the week.  What a disaster.  In spite of all its dents and bumps, it is a car with a heart of gold.  She has decided to get it repaired and will continue to bail out the rainwater when it collects in the footwell.
Healthwise I've decided not to have any more scans.  I am very happy sitting on the sofa.
Vicky.
Here we are.  I've almost moved into Vicks it feels like, although today due to her new call bell around her wrist she says she would like to try a night alone on Wednesday.  We agreed I could tuck her up in bed perhaps after doing various tasks then arrive first thing in the morning again for breakfast.  I am very happy here, and we are having lovely meals and chats, but I suppose it is nice to be in one's own bed, and for Tiger not to feel abandoned.  I wonder if the cat misses me as much as I miss her in spite of her uncertain temper.  At weekends other family members and friends come, and last weekend I did some samba drumming, learnt shiatsu massage and had a sauna on the beach so I'm not just a Carer.  
When I'm here in Ditchling I sometimes walk around the block to stretch my legs and love the puddles and the oak trees and the mossy smelling twittens and the quiet sense of being under the South Downs.  
I had some Guinness and some red wine with Danny when Dry January finished and it was delicious.  I feel I have lost the bright-eyed pure feeling of no alcohol for 31 days, but I'm ever so pleased January is over.  
Inside Number 9 starts tonight which I usually enjoy.  Better than Love Island anyway.
Josie



No comments:

Post a Comment