Saturday 15 February 2020

15th February

I went for a walk and cleaned my filthy car before going to the hospice today.  I am fancying old fashioned food like fried eggs and cups of strong Yorkshire tea with full-fat milk nowadays; none of the vegan stuff.  There was a Saturday feeling at the hospice today, although it is pretty relaxed most of the time. Vick seems sleepy and comfy; much the same really.  A midwife friend sent me an eloquent text about Vicky being in the departure lounge, and it is exactly the same with birth.  We may carry on in this strange time for weeks I suppose. 
Lots of people I know seem to have coughs and colds.  I wonder if I will snuff it with the Coronavirus before Vick. 
I can't really do many normal things at the moment, but due to lots of family around with Vick today, I sneaked off to the cinema alone to see Emma.  There was only one ticket left online so I did it impulsively.  As Vick and I have been reading Jane Austen aloud, I loved it.  I loved the colours, and the clothes, and the rooms, and the countryside, and the complex character of Emma.  Nothing much happens in Jane Austen but every look is important. 
Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment