Tuesday 25 February 2020

25th February

I think I'd always assumed that as Vick makes pastry so quickly, she would do everything quickly, like dying, and both of us thought she might go two weeks ago when she first arrived at the hospice.
However, here we are two weeks later.  I drove the writing group over to see her today.  It was called Nibbles and Scribbles, then Nibblers, then Nibs, then Dumbos, and now it is renamed Bedbugs.  
When we first arrived Vicky was sound asleep and I couldn't wake her up.  I've always known she was a heavy sleeper since she once had a burglar in her bedroom lighting matches and she slept through the whole thing.
Vicky woke up just as we started to read out our scrambled Line and a Word nonsense warm-up pieces.  She then wrote two short pieces herself, and THEN ate some roast chicken dinner!  I hate exclamation marks but I think the chicken deserved one as she hasn't eaten anything like that for two weeks.
We had a chat with the consultant today.  They will try to get funding from the local health authority for Vick to stay at the hospice as she is comfortable there, but if not, I have reassured Vicky I will happily take her home to Dumbrells Court with carers to help me.
I feel quite jubilant she is still around.  It is all as good as it could be.  It is the Way Things Are.
Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment