Wednesday 26 February 2020

26th February

Josie is urging me to write an entry to the blog.  I am finding it incredibly difficult to hold the pen.  I am so weak just like Beth in Little Women who found the needle too heavy to hold.  
But in some ways, I am better and have had a delicious poached egg this morning.  I also enjoyed spiritual food in the form of a few psalms read to me last night.
We have just celebrated with a virtual twin party for my two 60-year-old sons.  They were both on facetime at once. It was hilarious.  I remember their births on a cold winters day about 4pm in the afternoon.
Vicky


I am so happy Vicky is brighter and enjoying some food again.  It reminds me of a poem my sister wrote called It's Not Over.  I'll just write down the last two stanzas, but the whole thing is good.  Josie

This is the epic last chapter
the firework that won't 
go out, it just keeps spinning.
After the coffees, they bring out
a chocolate mermaid
a pyramid of ice!

Glorious undead drunks
still flail and croon
down Northumberland Street.
They dance for England.
Oddly, it's not over yet.
This is the best bit.  

Julia Darling

No comments:

Post a Comment